Back to Blog Listing
C2 have undertaken a number of projects where Event Management was a critical component of the delivery and we felt it was worth pulling our thoughts together and drafting a blog on how Microsoft Dynamics CRM can support this business process.
While Dynamics CRM can easily be configured to design an Event Management framework, there are benefits in exposing the event detail through the web and allowing individuals i.e. customers, members, associates or employees, to register for events. In so doing the web presence naturally allows individuals to manage and maintain their details, interests and diaries.
Dynamics CRM provides a back office central knowledge base:
- Knowledge within CRM can be used to promote and increase event numbers
- Intelligent and personalised email campaigns from CRM provides effective marketing
- Open Rates etc. from outbound email feed into CRM for campaign follow-up
- Online orders, payments, and refunds are recorded in CRM
- Formal Invoices can be generated and sent by email
- Sales detail & summaries are automatically entered into Financials
- Event reminders and notifications keep events on the radar
- Operational reporting is on hand: waiting lists, delegate lists
- Campaign performance in dashboard format for Management Reporting
- Post event surveys can be automated with results captured in CRM
Website promotion can extend into online event transacting with bookings and payment being taken subject to availability of event places.
Where we have used a CMS such as Activedition we have been able to leverage off of the structured content management of the product: this simplifies set-up, data mapping and provides consistent web presentation. At the web end we can provide:
- Event listings
- Event classifications
- Featured events
- Member & Non-Member pricing
- Social Media integration
- RSS feeds
In terms of overall business benefit, these can be reviewed from a number of different angles: greater revenue from increased event numbers, internal processing efficiency, low cost promotion & marketing of events including exposure in social marketplaces, cross selling and enhanced business reputation.