Back to Blog Listing
The Oil & Gas industry is currently facing a difficult decision as the price of oil falls below $28 a barrel. Worldwide organisations are being forced to significantly reduce overheads, yet, at the same time there are some who are also targeting to improve operations and systems. This could be by selling smarter, refining marketing, being more responsive to customer requests, or improving customer support. Those that are also transforming processes are more likely to ride the storm, and come out winners when the market turns around, which it surely will.
C2 have been working with a number of oil and gas based organisations and can see clear evidence of the benefits from reimaging Sales, Marketing & Customer Support Processes.
With Dynamics CRM you get full visibility over the sales process. It enables Sales Managers to project sales forecasts and it allows them to evaluate who their best sales performers are. At the same time the Dynamics CRM platform enables sales agents to be more productive. Individual goals and targets can be monitored and measured: Group, Territory, Team, Individual, and by Revenue Stream. Dynamics CRM is a truly global solution with support for different time zones, currencies and business unit security.
Overall with Dynamics CRM, you can win more deals with less and you improve your customer engagement approach.
As standard Dynamics CRM provides one view of the customer: accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, and ongoing activities. Consideration for the Sales Process include:
- The sales process can be easily configured for an organisation and multiple processes can be supported
- Automated workflows enable alerts, notifications and escalations to be generated, so that opportunities to win are not lost or neglected
- Dynamics CRM real time information via Tablet & SmartPhone devices that allows opportunities to be maximised
- The platform is also seamlessly integrated with other Microsoft solutions such as Office 365
- Framework for competitive performance tracking
- Goal planning – sales goals vs actuals tracking
- Cross-Sell/Suggestive Sell from a defined product catalogue
In addition, Dynamics CRM provides the framework for targeted marketing to help improve lead generation and customer awareness. Dynamics CRM provides support for:
- Targeted marketing lists e.g. Upstream, Downstream, Midstream, Region, Role etc.
- Managed campaigns e.g. Activities, marketing lists, costs for overall event such as Offshore Europe
- Quick Campaigns for Telesales, Mailshots and integrated Email Marketing
From a Service perspective Dynamics CRM provides the framework to track and resolve customer queries, complaints and requests. Combined with business process automation, Dynamics CRM provides the framework to drive improved customer satisfaction and retention. Some key features include:
- Case logging with a defined resolution process e.g. identify, Research, Resolve
- Knowledge base definition and search e.g. Find similar cases for “Survey maintenance overdue” message
- Service level agreement management and escalation
As a cloud based solution Dynamics CRM Online can be put in place, without the need for a large capital expenditure or long implementation time. As such it is an ideal starting point to look at delivering a more efficient oil and gas based business.
For further information, please Contact Us to discover more on how companies within the oil and gas industry can increase their productivity and maximise ROI when using Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Alternatively you can visit C2’s Video Tutorial page. If you would like to try out Dynamics CRM, we offer a 30 day free trial.